ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Marsh" <>
Subject document() function on missing file
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 06:10:35 GMT
I have been using the xslt task to merge information residing in a set of
files (WSDL 2.0 test results [1]) into a single summary file.  Using the
1.7.0 alpha build, the document function would return an empty node-set if
the URL given it was unresolvable.  In the final 1.7.0 build, this causes a
fatal error.

Is this a bug, or a feature?  Is there an easy way to work around this
(without for instance swapping out the default xslt processor?)

The XSLT spec says that the document function can present a warning in this
case, or it may fall-back to the empty node-set.  I don't think a fatal
error qualifies very well as either.

This change of behavior breaks my build, but I want to upgrade to 1.7.0
because (a) the WSDL test suite is a public resource and I would like it to
build on the latest and greatest and build.  (b) we relied on some schema
validation improvements in the 1.7.0 alpha, but I don't want to require an
alpha build for a long-term public resource like this, and (3) I just
discovered the new filenameparameter attribute which is invaluable for
cross-linking the various components being displayed.

Jonathan Marsh -  <> -