ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to refer PATH environment variable in <exec> Ant task
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 12:15:36 GMT
On 12/3/06, Ravi Roy <ravi.aroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all of you for your responses.
>
> I tried to use first test case to solve 'uppercase/lowercase' issues as
> suggested by Peter by using :
>
>  <property environment="env" upcase="yes"/>

The upcase attribute is just a suggestion.

>   but got the exception that -- <property type does not support upcase
> attribute. I am
>   using Ant 1.6.5.
>
>  Trying other alternatives.....
In your original question you had:
<exec ...>
   <env key="PATH" path="${env.PATH} />

There is no need to set the PATH for the exec if you are
not changing the PATH from that that started the ant.

So just remove the <env key="... line.

If java.exe is not in your path, or if you way to use the java
that is used by ant (this would be in ${env.JAVA_HOME}/bin or
${java.home}/../jdk/bin
use the <java/> task instead of the <exec/> task.

Peter