ant-user mailing list archives

From "Res Pons" <>
Subject Re: Odd Behavior
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:02:42 GMT
Thanks for the explanation and helping me out :)

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Scot P. Floess" <>
To: Ant Users List <>
Subject: Re: Odd Behavior
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:50:30 -0500

Yes, when cron jobs are kicked off, it does not mean the same thing as
logging in - i.e. the cron job is executing directly without the benefit of
running ~/.bashrc (or whatever your default shell is).  This is very similar
to init scripts when a *nix box boots - same issue.

When I saw your output it looked an awful lot like the gcc version :)

Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
>I concur. I had to run my .profile script manually, because it did not seem
>to run for cron jobs.
>- Alexey.
>Res Pons wrote:
>>I think I emailed Scott prematurely yesterday and it appears that both of
>>you may be right.  I'm seeing a different java compiler kicking in at
>>night when the cronjob starts.  I see gnu's being invoked by the cronjob
>>and sun jdk when I login and my .bash_profile is sourced.
>>Thanks, I'll play around to see if I can fix it.

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549

252-478-8087 (Home)
919-754-4592 (Work)

Chief Architect JPlate
Chief Architect JavaPIM

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Your Hotmail address already works to sign into Windows Live Messenger! Get
it now

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message