ant-user mailing list archives

From Trevor Harmon <>
Subject Re: Custom processor for Xslt task?
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 02:04:48 GMT
On Dec 30, 2006, at 4:30 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> What about Xslt? Is it still broken?

After more investigation, I believe that Xslt is indeed broken, and
it's probably the exact same issue that afflicted Junit, as described
in bug #38799 [1]. However, I should also point out I was finally
able to get Saxon to work with the Xslt task...sort of.

I discovered that, in addition to supplying the Saxon JAR on the
classpath, I need to specify a factory. In other words, the build
file in my test case should look like this:

<xslt in="in.xml" out="out.xml" style="test.xsl">
     <classpath location="saxon-b-8.8.jar"/>
     <factory name="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>

This change causes Ant to use Saxon, but it can't find
TransformerFactoryImpl, even though it's in the JAR specified in the
<classpath> element. However, if I specify the exact same JAR on the
command line using the -lib parameter, it works!

This sounds very much like bug #38799. I will try to see if the
solution there is also applicable to Xslt.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message