ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Ji" <...@pro-unlimited.com>
Subject Question regarding -Xlint:unchecked
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:54:14 GMT

I have two build.xml used for my daily work. The first one has only one target, which is to
compile the source code. For the second build.xml, there are a list of "targets", including
a "target", that is to invoke the "compiling" target in the first build.xml. Here is part
the my build.xml files look like:

First build.xml
     <target name="compile" depends="init">
        <javac srcdir="${src.dir}" destdir="${build.dir}">
            <classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>
                        <compilerarg value="-Xlint:unchecked"/>
        </javac>
    </target>

Second build.xml
    <target name="call-build" ...>
      <ant antfile="build.xml" dir="${src.dir}" inheritAll="false" target="compile">
        <property name="p4root" value="/home/cji/sfo/abc"/>
     </ant>
   </target>

So during the compiling time, when I run "ant call-build" by the second build.xml, it will
invoke the real compiling action in the first one and do the build.

But what I have found is if I am doing it this way, the setting "<compilerarg value="-Xlint:unchecked"/>"
does not take any effect, I still see a lots of warnings in the compiling log file, while
if I call "ant compile" by the first build.xml, I get a "clean" build.

Does someone know why ?

thanks,

chun Ji