ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <steve_lough...@hpl.hp.com>
Subject Re: AW: ant 1.7
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:20:27 GMT
Res Pons wrote:
> I'm happy but would be much happier with an .exe or .msi :)

We call them IDEs :)

Actually, if you want to do an installer, you are welcome to come and
help us get the MSI right. Which includes setting up the test framework
in which
  -do an install and uninstall and verify that everything gets cleaned up
  -delete the dir and verify the uninstall doesnt bail out
  -run ants unit tests against an install

i.e. its not just the effort of coding the installer, its testing it
that hurts. I have worked in projects that ship win32 installers and
testing them was half the fun of the test process. I dont want to go
there again.

-steve