ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: ant javac version question
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:48:55 GMT
You can certainly specify which JDK to use in the <javac> task.
However, that may not fix your runtime issue...if an older version of
the JDK is used to run against it...

Yes, specifying <target> may help...

Again, you need to ensure the VM being used when running against the
compiled class is the correct version (in your case I think that means a
1.4.2+ VM)...

It looks to me like your code is being compiled using the JDK 1.5.0+  I
just compiled some code and did a "javap -c -verbose" on a class
file...  With the JDK 1.5.0_09 I get a minor = 0
major = 49...  Compiling wiht "javac -source 1.2 release 1.2" I see the
minor = 0 major = 46.

My guess is the JDK being used during compilation is 1.5.0+.  As such,
try doing the target = "1.4" ... You may also need to set  source = "1.4"

HTH,

Scot