ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: ant javac version question
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:23:25 GMT
Well there is your problem...the JVM you are trying to use to run (not
compile) does not support the version that was compiled.
Meaning...let's say you compiled using the JDK 1.5 but attempted to run
using the JDK 1.2.2 - you'd get the error listed.

Somehow you are compiling with a newer JDK but when running, you are
getting some older version of the JDK.

Make sure your path is correct and include this newer JDK...  You might
want to put $JAVA_HOME/bin first in your path.  Or, on the command line
type:

java -version

Either way its a JVM mismatch problem.

glenn opdycke-hansen wrote:
> Replies below.
>
> On 12/11/06, Scot P. Floess <floess@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> What type of exceptions are you getting?
>
> java.lang.Exception: Error in
> [ProcessDefinitions/Shared/Logging/MaskLogData.process/MaskPayload]
> BW-JAVA-100030 Unable to obtain information for method
> [maskElementsInPayload] from the class
> [com.usbank.entdevsvc.mask.MaskPayload].  Exception occurred.
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> com/usbank/entdevsvc/mask/MaskPayload (Unsupported major.minor version
> 49.0)
>

>> If you use the class file outside the jar file...does that work?
>
> We have not tried that (yet).
>

>> Is your harddrive full?
>
> no
>

>> glenn opdycke-hansen wrote:
>> > We are seeing that the javac can produce an unusable .class file.
>> > One PC will build the java source OK, but the other PC does not.  The
>> > resulting JAR file has a different size and there are exceptions when
>> > the other jar is used.
>> > We set JAVA_HOME to the jdk (1.4.2_13) on both PCs.
>> >
>> > Has anyone seen this?
>> > Could it be due to differences in the PATH (winxp)?
>> > Is there any way to check the version of the jdk/javac used? (-verbose
>> > does not seem to provide enough info)
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > --glenn

>> --