ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Problem running Undeploy Target in Tomcat 5.5.9
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:32:05 GMT
untz wrote:
> Hello there,
> I am using JDK 1.5, Eclipse 3.2, and Tomcat 5.5.9. I wrote a build script which compiles,
packages (via war file) the source, deploys (moves the war into TOMCAT_HOME/webapps), and
is supposed to undeploy (by deleting the particular web app's directory & war file under
> The problem that I am encountering is that while Tomcat is running, I have a lib directory:
TOMCAT_HOME/MyWebApp/WEB-INF/lib which contains several needed jar files. It seems that when
I run my Ant's undeploy target, it refuses to delete the lib directory and thus the build
> Buildfile: C:\DevProjects\guess_number\build.xml
> undeploy:
>    [delete] Deleting directory C:\DevTools\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9\webapps\NumberGuess
> C:\DevProjects\guess_number\build.xml:57: Unable to delete file C:\DevTools\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9\webapps\NumberGuess\WEB-INF\lib\Echo2_App.jar

> When I manually shutdown Tomcat, I am able to run my undeploy target just fine... But
I need it to be able to undeploy while Tomcat is running.

Means there are files in use; tomcat has the files open and you cannot
delete them.

Switching to unix will fix this, but not much else

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message