ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: OutofMemoryError during compile target
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:38:03 GMT
Have you tried to run ant with verbosity turned on?

As in:

ant -v

Scot

Kenneth Litwak wrote:
> I tried memoryinitialsize="512m" in the javac task and that makes no difference.
>
> Ken

the memory allocated to ant didn't help. However, after reducing the number of targets and
antcalls in our scripts everything worked fine.

>>   Also, if I wanted to try to specify more memory during the compile,
>> though I'm doubtful it will, help, how would I specify that for ant? I
>> know how to do it for a straightforward compile with javac.  Thanks.
>>

> Try to add memory in the JAVA_OPTS and ANT_OPTS. We currently use -Xmx512M -Xms16M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
(which may be pretty generous, but it seems to work).

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale

252-478-8087 (Home)