ant-user mailing list archives

From James Abley <james.ab...@volantis.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: please update the next release of Ant 1.7 to Xerces 2.9.0
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 09:36:18 GMT
OK, going with the empirical approach rather than theorising about it!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="xerces-jdk-version" default="compile">

     <target name="compile">
         <mkdir dir="classes" />
         <javac source="1.2" target="1.2" srcdir="." destdir="classes"
             classpath="xercesImpl.jar" />
     </target>

</project>

public class X {
      org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration conf =
new org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeAwareParserConfiguration();
}

That works for me, although I noticed something slightly surprising when
I compiled using a 1.4 and 1.5 JDK.

     [javac] '-source'
     [javac] '1.3'

?