ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lloyd, Eric" <eric.ll...@lmco.com>
Subject Using the '*' (wildcard)
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:15:53 GMT
Hi,
  I'm new to Apache ant, and I'm trying to get a very simple <exec> to
work. For some reason, wildcards ('*') work fine in some cases but not
in others. For example, the following works fine:

Note: In ./File/src/obj there is one file - File.o. And running "ls
./File/src/obj/*.o" from a terminal works.

<exec executable = "find">
    <arg line = './File/src/obj/ -name"*.o"' />
</exec>

This, however, doesn't:

<exec executable = "ls">
    <arg line = "./File/src/obj/*.o" />
</exec>

It gives me the error: ls: ./File/src/obj/*.o: No such File or
Directory.

It's like Ant isn't resolving the wildcard in the second case.

Can anyone tell me how to get the second example to work?

Also, I'm using version 1.6.5 on a red hat system.

Thanks!
Eric Lloyd