ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <xslt> Many Input xml for one html output.
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 14:25:32 GMT
On 12/8/06, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/8/06, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
> > 1.) Make one xml file with the whole content
> >     <echoxml file="tmp.xml">
> >         <root>
> >     </echoxml>
> >     <concat destfile="tmp.xml" append="true">
> >         <fileset dir="xml" includes="*.xml"/>
> >     </concat>
> >     <echoxml file="tmp.xml">
> >         </root>
> >     </echoxml>
> :
>     <concat file="tmp.xml">
>       <header>&lt;root></header>
>       <fileset dir="." includes="*.xml"/>
>       <footer>&lt;/root></footer>
>     </concat>

Eh guys, what about the <?xml> declarations??? AFAIK, you can't have
those in the middle of the file, can you? OK, I'm just grumpy because
I didn't think of it myself! ;-)

But seriously, I think Ant would be more useful if we allowed custom
SAX sources in <xslt>, to allow merging XML files like in this use
case, or allow processing HTML files in XML by first normalizing it to
XML using tag-soup, or allow processing any file for which there's a
parser that can output SAX events. --DD