ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to refer PATH environment variable in <exec> Ant task
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 23:14:24 GMT
On 12/2/06, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps we could add an attribute to property
> to force the env names to be uppercasized:
> <property environment="env" upcase="yes"/>
>
> so <echo>${env.PATH}</echo>
> will always give the correct value

This solves only one half of the problem however.
One still needs to specify the path in <exec> using
the correct case for the var name on Windows.

We could I guess create properties with the names
of the environment vars (using the env.NAME'sname
convention, so one would do ${env.PATH's name} to
get the actual name of the upper-cased PATH env. var),
but that's a clunky, no?

Maybe we need explicit <path> and <libpath> elements
in <exec> to deal with such issues. --DD