ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Determining success/fail from <ant> call
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 01:27:18 GMT
If all you want to do is get a simple status result, you may want to look at the <antcallback>
task (from the ant-contrib project) and use it to set a result property that can be queried
from the calling script.

Otherwise to stay with core ANT tasks you can have the subroutine script write their result
(via the <echo> task) to a property file which is then read by the caller script.

Good luck,

Ninju

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeremy Nix <Jeremy.Nix@sfsltd.com>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 10:05:55 AM
Subject: Determining success/fail from <ant> call

I'm currently building a master ant file that will be used to build
multiple projects depending on user interaction. I'm wanting to respond
to a <ant> call in different ways depending on whether the build
completed successfully. I've tried using the output attribute to
capture the results of the <ant> command and then parsing the output
file looking for "SUCCESS" or "FAILURE", but for some reason the "BUILD
..." statement is not generated with the <ant> task. Has anyone else
wanted to perform similar type logic? If so, how have you worked around
this?

Thanks for any help.