ant-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Voigt" <tv_spam...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Re: Problems with upgrade to Ant 1.7.0 RC1 and Java 1.5
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:39:18 GMT

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum:  Thu, 07 Dec 2006 11:39:55 +0000
Von: Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org>
An: Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Betreff:  Re: Problems with upgrade to Ant 1.7.0 RC1 and Java 1.5

> Thomas Voigt wrote:
> > (2) The <sql> command hangs if I try to access an oracle database. This
> works fine with either ant version as long as we use Java 1.4, but fails
> with either ant version with Java 1.5.
>
> Ok. I've seen this once before, and I think we need to document it.
>
> What is the URL to the database? is it localhost?

Nope, a remote server using Oracle 9.2 jdbc drivers.

Using the svnant task from <http://subclipse.tigris.org/svnant.html>.

> On Java1.5, Ant sets the system proxy to be whatever the OS provides.
> Oracle appears to use the proxy settings and http as a transport, so can
> get confused. Maybe the svn task is similar
>
> 0. Which OS?

Win XP or Win2003 Server.

> 1. What are your proxy settings?

Manual proxy configuration to a proxy server and port 8080 (at least that's what my IE says,
I think these are the global windows settings?)

> 2. Run ant -diagnostics and file a bugrep

Yep, I'll do that. I just prefer to confirm that I made no mistake before I report a bug...

> 2. does everything work if you run ant with -noproxy ?

Svn checkout works, database access does not.

Thanks for your help, Thomas