ant-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Voigt" <tv_spam...@gmx.de>
Subject Problems with upgrade to Ant 1.7.0 RC1 and Java 1.5
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:37:16 GMT
Hi,

we tried to upgrade our system to Java 1.5 (jdk1.5.0_09) and Ant 1.7.0 RC1. Sadly we ran into
several problems. We also use svnant 1.1.0 RC2 and ant-contrib 1.0b2.

I would like to know if any of you ran into similar problems - I'm moderately experienced
with fiddling with ant, but not an expert. (The Ant upgrade is necessary due to a bug in the
ant recorder task that is supposedly fixed in v1.7. The Java upgrade is not strictly necessary,
but would be nice because we started to upgrade our Java projects to 1.5.)
Here are the problems:

(1) Logfiles are emptied on the stop command. More precisely, I have a target that looks like
this:

[begin target]
<record name="${JavaLog}" action="start" loglevel="info"/>
[some antcalls and antcallbacks that produce output]
<record name="${JavaLog}" action="stop"/>
[do something with the log file and end target]

After this call, the log file is empty. If I either fail just before the "stop", or remove
the "stop" command, then everything is fine. The code works fine with ant 1.6.5, but does
not work with Ant 1.7.0RC1 regardless of the Java version (1.4.2_06 or jdk1.5.0_09).

(2) The <sql> command hangs if I try to access an oracle database. This works fine with
either ant version as long as we use Java 1.4, but fails with either ant version with Java
1.5.

(3) The <svn> command times out after some time and reports
[svn] svn: PROPFIND request failed on [Repository]
svn: Malformed reply from SOCKS server

Any Ideas?

Regards, Thomas