ant-user mailing list archives

From "Pascal Quesseveur" <quessev...@abaksystemes.fr>
Subject Re: Re: Some problems extending ExecTask
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 18:35:22 GMT
Dominique Devienne a écrit (2006-12-04, 16:31:19):

>How about submitting a patch to Commandline with tests and docs,
>instead of doing it on your side? Conditional arguments is useful in
>general. You may have to wait for 1.7.1 to use it though.

Sure. But I recently began to work with ant and I don't know if
there were a valid reason to set private variables in Java
class for ant types. It could have been a rule edicted by
ant developers. Obviously those classes have not been coded
to be subclassed.

I was also wondering why compilerarg and linkerarg in the
cc task have not lead to an update of Commandline and Argument.

--
Pascal Quesseveur, quesseveur@abaksystemes.fr