ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Litwak" <klit...@apu.edu>
Subject RE: OutofMemoryError during compile target
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 19:31:53 GMT
I tried memoryinitialsize="512m" in the javac task and that makes no difference.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Voigt [mailto:tv_spambox@gmx.de]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:00 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: OutofMemoryError during compile target

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum:  Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:58:35 -0800
Von: "Kenneth Litwak" <klitwak@apu.edu>
An: user@ant.apache.org
Betreff:  OutofMemoryError during compile target

>   Does anyone have a suggestion for what I might try to figure out how
> to resolve or figure out this sudden, new problem on a process that has
> been working fine?

We had out of memory errors on and off when we used rather complicated ant scripts. Increasing
the memory allocated to ant didn't help. However, after reducing the number of targets and
antcalls in our scripts everything worked fine.

>   Also, if I wanted to try to specify more memory during the compile,
> though I'm doubtful it will, help, how would I specify that for ant? I
> know how to do it for a straightforward compile with javac.  Thanks.

Try to add memory in the JAVA_OPTS and ANT_OPTS. We currently use -Xmx512M -Xms16M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
(which may be pretty generous, but it seems to work).

Regards, Thomas