ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi Roy" <ravi.a...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to refer PATH environment variable in <exec> Ant task
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 05:18:08 GMT
Thanks to all of you for your responses.

I tried to use first test case to solve 'uppercase/lowercase' issues as
suggested by Peter by using :

 <property environment="env" upcase="yes"/>

  but got the exception that -- <property type does not support upcase
attribute. I am
  using Ant 1.6.5.

 Trying other alternatives.....

 Regards
 Ravi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:ddevienne@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 4:44 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: How to refer PATH environment variable in <exec> Ant task

On 12/2/06, Peter Reilly <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps we could add an attribute to property
> to force the env names to be uppercasized:
> <property environment="env" upcase="yes"/>
>
> so <echo>${env.PATH}</echo>
> will always give the correct value

This solves only one half of the problem however.
One still needs to specify the path in <exec> using
the correct case for the var name on Windows.

We could I guess create properties with the names
of the environment vars (using the env.NAME'sname
convention, so one would do ${env.PATH's name} to
get the actual name of the upper-cased PATH env. var),
but that's a clunky, no?

Maybe we need explicit <path> and <libpath> elements
in <exec> to deal with such issues. --DD