ant-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Martin" <antu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AntForm question
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:41:31 GMT
Hello,

If I understand correctly, you want antform to diaply when running in
user mode but not when running automatically.

I guess the easiest for that is to set a property in your automated
task command line and call antform only if this property is not set.
This can be achieved with <target> if/unless attributes (as suggested
by Gilbert earlier) or using ant-contrib <if> task.

command line:
ant -Dautomated="true"

script:
<target name="show-form" unless="automated">
  <antform>...</antform>
</target>

Cheers,

Patrick

On 11/30/06, Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwaebli@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
>   thank you for the quick implementation.
>
>   Lets assume I have a target which might be called by a user or automated by a nightly
build.

>   If the nightly build calls it, then your solution works. It requires using the "unless"
attribute. But if a user calls it, the unless attribute prevents him from seing and modifiying
the value in the form.

>   What about that the nightly build script should be able to disable the showing of the
form even if in the form no "unless" attributes have been used? Maybe by setting a parameter
like "walkthrough=true".

> [...]
> - Deprecate   "data" attribute. This attribute was not
> coherent with other components which use the property
> value as default value.
> The build won't fail if the data attribute is set, but a
> Warning will be printed out and the table may not be
> initialized.
>
> Fixed bugs:
> - Fixed focus management. The antform "focus" attribute is
> deprecated and replaced by a "focus" attribute on
> individual widgets.
> - All requirable widgets had their labels prefixed with '*',
> not only required ones.
> - Validate all antmenuitems configuration, not only the
> first one.
> - NPE when specifying selector before values in all
> selectionproperty type of widgets.
> - NPE when user closes the form using the window decorators
> (top-right cross on Windows)
>
> Other changes:
> - Streamlined user action management
> - Replaced
> byand
> by .
>
> and
> will still work but they are
> deprecated.
> A Warning message will be printed if you continue using
> them.
> - Created for the antform bottom buttons.
> This new element deprecates the following antform
> attributes:
> . okmessage
> . resetmessage
> . nexttarget
> . previoustarget
> It also deprecates the widget.
> - Added possibility to loop on antform/antmenu after having
> called a target.
> This allows for example to have a main menu on which we
> keep on getting back after each action. The loop exits
> when the user click on a button which exitloop attribute
> is set to true.
> - Add attribute newproject to action components (buttons,
> menus, ...). Value of this attribute should be true by
> default (similar to antcall). When set to false, the
> target will be invoked without creating a new project.
> This allows to set property in the called target that will
> be reusable in the calling one.
> - reset will now check current property value in the ant
> project. This is useful when using loop="true" in
> antform/antmenu and calling targets with
> newproject="false".
> - Made antform compatible with Java 1.3. The following
> components cannot work with Java 1.3 because they use
> JSpinner or JFormattedTextField:
> . NumberProperty
> . ListProperty
> . DateProperty
> - Add attributes "fontname", "fontstyle" and "fontsize" to
> widgets textproperty, multilinetextproperty and
> dateproperty
>

> On 11/29/06, Hans Schwaebli wrote:
> > Yes, would be good.
> >
> > Ant scripts must run without interruption if called programmatically, for example
from a nightly build with Cruise Control. Then there is noone there to push the ok button.