ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sérgio Oliveira" <neptu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Could not create task of type: condition.
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:49:40 GMT
Hello,

While compiling using ant, i get the following error:

Could not create task of type: condition. Common solutions are to use
taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the
optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME).

I cant run diagnostics on ant because it seems that option doesn´t exists in
this version..., bu running "ant -version" I get this:

Ant version 1.3 compiled on March 2 2001

The xml is this:

<target name="set-wscompile" >
     <condition property="wscompile" value="${wscompile.dir}/wscompile.bat">
        <os family="windows"/>
     </condition>
     <condition property="wscompile" value="${wscompile.dir}/wscompile">
        <not>
           <os family="windows"/>
        </not>
     </condition>
  </target>

What is the problem? the version of ant? If yes, how can I update it....
please explain this knowing I´m a .NET developer and not a java developer...
argh :)

Thank you,

Sérgio