ant-user mailing list archives

From "SÚrgio Oliveira" <neptu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Error - Could not create task of type: condition
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:23:27 GMT
Hello,

I┤m new to java and ant (I┤m a .net developer...). While trying to compile
my application I get an error. I tried to put the optional.jar in the
directory mentioned but the error continues.
Do I need to update ANT? If yes, how? I tried to copy a new ant.jar file to
the directory but then gets another error...

Version of ant:

Ant version 1.3 compiled on March 2 2001

The error I get:

C:\App\Ant\bin\build.xml:107: Could not create task of type: condition.
Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an
optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant
installation (ANT_HOME).

XML code:

<target name="set-wscompile" >
     <condition property="wscompile" value="${wscompile.dir}/wscompile.bat">
        <os family="windows"/>
     </condition>
     <condition property="wscompile" value="${wscompile.dir}/wscompile">
        <not>
           <os family="windows"/>
        </not>
     </condition>