ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Corcoran" <>
Subject Error 43 if jar already exists?
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:34:01 GMT
I am building a jar including my <classes> directory. I need to roll up
the content of another directory, <image> which is at the same level as
<classes> and include the directory name in the jar.

  <property name="build" location="classes"/>

  <property name="dist"  location="jar"/>

  <property name="image"  location="image"/>

<target name="dist" depends="compile"

        description="generate the distribution" >

    <jar jarfile="${dist}/MyApplet.jar" basedir="${build}">

    <jar jarfile="${dist}/ MyApplet.jar" basedir="." update="True">

      <include name="**/image/*.*"/>

This works if the jar does not already exist but if it does I get a
weird error : 43 unable to rename old file (my jar) to temporary file.
How do I get around this? Or perhaps there is a better way of doing my
build. Note, basedir="." Contains lots of other directories I do not
need in the build.