ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject please update the next release of Ant 1.7 to Xerces 2.9.0
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 05:18:30 GMT

I saw that one of the release notes for Ant-1.7.0RC1 was...

"Upgraded XML API and parser to Xerces 2.8.1"

You may be interested to know that Xerces has now released version
2.9.0 [1] and, along with it, a proper official release of
xml-commons-external-1.3.04 (otherwise known as xml-apis-1.3.04)
[2].  A number of bug fixes and features were implemented as
well.  Also note that as of Xerces 2.9.0, there is now a shared
serializer library and the Xerces native serializers have been
deprecated.  When serializer.jar (shipped with both Xerces2 and the
next version of Xalan) is in the classpath, this new shared
serialization framework will be used instead of the deprecated Xerces
framework.  There's also a new release of xml-commons-resolver-1.2
[3] which includes a number of features and bug fixes.  I don't think
Ant specifically uses that one, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

I hope that Xerces-2.9.0, xml-apis-1.3.04, and the new serializer jar
(2.7.1, according the MANIFEST.MF, I guess to match the next version
of Xalan?) can make it into Ant before the official 1.7.0 release.

Jake

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/releases.html
[2]
http://xml.apache.org/commons/changes.html#version_xml-commons-external-1.3.04