ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Ji" <...@pro-unlimited.com>
Subject RE: Ant "available" task
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 19:59:39 GMT
Hi Antoine,
Thank you for the tips.
For your second case, what happen if a parent class is located in a jar file, would that be
possible for this "available" task to check the child class ?

What I have found is for such scenario, of the same classpath setting, if I was to check the
availability of the parent class, it would load the parent class from the jar file, and set
my "present" property to be true.

But if I was to check the availability of the child class, it gives me errors as " Could not
load dependent class ... , Unable to load child class to set property ..."? I have a feeling
once it finds the child class, it never check the other files for the parent class.

-cji

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Levy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 5:49 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Ant "available" task

Hello Chun,

a class cannot be loaded if :
- the class itself is not in the classpath,
- a parent class or interface of the class is not in the classpath,
- a field of the class is not in the classpath,
so have a look at the source code of the class which cannot be loaded,
Regards,
Antoine

Chun Ji wrote:
> Hi all,
> does "Available" only works for some selected packages only ?
> I want to set a property depends on the availablity of a class. No matter what I did,
it always tells me that the class could not be loaded. But this task works perfect for other
packages, of the same classpath.