ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [scp/sshexec] Is a connection thru HTTP proxy possible? (setproxy doesn't help)
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:14:09 GMT
Maciej Zywno wrote:
> As far as I understood from
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/net/properties.html,  the
> properties you mention are used by "protocol handlers". So I guess they are
> used by classes that extend e.g. URLStreamHandler e.g.
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.Handler. However scp task uses jsch library(
> http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/) that operates on raw sockets which I think
> don't use the system proxy settings.
>
> Actually now I'm quite sure ant SCP task cannot go thru firewall. I hope
> I'm
> wrong.

ssh doesnt go through firewalls except with socks. If you have a socks
server you may be able to get <ssh> to work.

commons-vfs has support for webdav and tasks like <v-copy> to copy files
to a virtual filesystem, so if the far end supports webdav you can
upload over http, and hence through the proxy