ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Could not create task of type: condition.
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:31:31 GMT
  wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While compiling using ant, i get the following error:
>
> Could not create task of type: condition. Common solutions are to use
> taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put
> the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME).
>
> I cant run diagnostics on ant because it seems that option doesn´t
> exists in this version..., bu running "ant -version" I get this:
>
> Ant version 1.3 compiled on March 2 2001
>
> The xml is this:

> What is the problem? the version of ant? If yes, how can I update it....
> please explain this knowing I´m a .NET developer and not a java
> developer... argh :)

wow, that is one old version of Ant. You should switch to Ant1.6.5, at
the very keast,

There's various ways to get a new version
1. Get a copy bundled into your IDE: eclipse, netbeans and idea all come
with one.
2. get a copy bundled with websphere, weblogic or whatever. I think this
is what you have. They are the ones that are usually most messed up.
3. If you have  linux distro, use your package manager and get a copy
from a repository
4. By hand: go to ant.apache.org, download the Zip file and expand it
somewhere. Set the  ANT_HOME env variable to the directory, and add
%ANT_HOME%/bin to your path, preferably after finding the old version
and renaming or removing it.

After upgrading, check with ant -version to make sure the new version is
being picked upl

-steve

 > <target name="set-wscompile" >
 >     <condition property="wscompile"
value="${wscompile.dir}/wscompile.bat">
 >        <os family="windows"/>
 >     </condition>
 >     <condition property="wscompile" value="${wscompile.dir}/wscompile">
 >        <not>
 >           <os family="windows"/>
 >        </not>
 >     </condition>
 >  </target>

BTW, when you run batch files you dont really want to <exec> the batch
file. You want to the NT shell, what is it, cmd.exe, with the batch file
as a parameter