ant-user mailing list archives

From Prashant <prash...@pramati.com>
Subject Re: Calling Ant using different JDKs
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:11:06 GMT
Christian.Konrad@deltalloyd.de wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> is there a way to call an Ant Build-File (<ant  antfile="...">) and pass it
> the JAVA_HOME environment variable?
> Exec accepts just that using the nested env-Argument (<env key="JAVA_HOME"
> path="..." />).
>
> Basically I'm looking for a way to call a Build-File (build.xml) with
> different JDKs. I cannot fix the javac call to use the different JDKs. I
> need to specify it when calling the build-file.

Could't you try something like this :

You could define a macrodef wrapper over javac in a common-build.xml.
This can be imported by the other build files and they would use the
macrodef wrapper instead of javac directly.

Since you can control the javac version from the common-build.xml, you
can pick whatever JAVA_HOME version you want.

-Prashant