ant-user mailing list archives

From John Norvell <928572...@cox.net>
Subject javac compile errors logs with priority="warn"
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 20:12:16 GMT
I'm working on an xlst script to convert our xml build logs to html and
have run across this somewhat odd behavior.

The javac task seems to log compile errors using the "warn" logging
priority level with echo.

An example of a compile error would be:

"blahblah.java:619: cannot resolve symbol"

which stops the build.  The build.xml logfile does contain the
<stacktrace> element, but I would have expected the log message to have
been written using the "error" priority for this type of issue.

I'm using the built-in org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger logging with ant
1.6.5. and JDK 1.4.2.