ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: How do I use ejbDeploy outside of RAD
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 01:21:29 GMT
Branden Kolb wrote:
> I did look at that.  I apologize for my lack of understanding.  I thought
> I could use <antTask> in my build script to define the ejbDeploy task. I'm
> guessing from your statement "(antTask is not from ant, it is from
> websphere)"  that I cannot use it?   As I stated earlier, I call a batch
> file that looks like this:
>
> echo  %~dp0
>
> cd  %~dp0
>
> SET JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_08\lib
> set ANT_HOME=%~dp03rdParty\ant-1.6.2
> echo ANT_HOME
> setlocal
> call %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant -verbose -buildfile Build.xml -l .\logfile.txt %*
> endlocal
>

> Is there anything I can do here or in my Build.xml file that will allow me
> to run the <ejbDeploy> and eclipse.<incrementalBuild> tasks?
>

> Branden Kolb
>
> "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.reilly@gmail.com> wrote on 11/02/2006 02:48:12
> PM:
>
>> On 11/2/06, Branden Kolb <kolbb@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>>> All right, I give up.  I thought I understood what I needed to.  I
> added
>>> the following to my Ant script:
>>>
>>>         <antTask
>>>
>>> library="C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\rwd\eclipse\plugins\com.
>> ibm.etools.ejbdeploy_6.0.2.1\runtime\ejbdeploy.jar"
>>>                 name="ejbDeploy"
>>> class="com.ibm.etools.ejbdeploy.plugin.EJBDeployPlugin">
>>>         </antTask>
>>>
>> Did you look at the reference:
>> http://www-128.ibm.
>>
> com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0505_weisz/0505_weisz.html
>> (antTask is not from ant, it is from websphere)
>>
>> Peter
>>

>>> but I am still getting the same error as before.  Am I using the wrong
>>> library or the wrong class?  Am I completely off my rocker (ok, I
> don't
>>> need an answer to this last question, just the one about Ant)?
>>>
>>> Branden Kolb

> com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0505_weisz/0505_weisz.html
> and

> most

I've been trawling in these shark-infested waters myself for the last
couple of weeks.

You probably want to use runAnt.bat to launch your script.  It loads the same
jars onto the classpath as you would find if running RAD and does other magic
to make ant think it's running inside RAD.

That should work, but if it doesn't, try defining the task with <taskdef> in
your build.xml file.  <anttask> is yet another IBM/eclipse proprietary task and
to use that you may have more classpath pain.

Also, to some of the other commenters, please note that "deployment" in this
context may be IBM-speak for "generate the stub code necessary to run this
EJB on this server", not the familiar concept of dropping a built bean on a server.