ant-user mailing list archives

From Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AntForm question
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:28:38 GMT
Hi Patrick,

  thank you for the quick implementation.

  Lets assume I have a target which might be called by a user or automated by a nightly build.

  If the nightly build calls it, then your solution works. It requires using the "unless"
attribute. But if a user calls it, the unless attribute prevents him from seing and modifiying
the value in the form.

  What about that the nightly build script should be able to disable the showing of the form
even if in the form no "unless" attributes have been used? Maybe by setting a parameter like
"walkthrough=true".

  Its no real fine plan which I have, just brainstorming ideas.

Patrick Martin <antuser@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hello,

Antform 2.0 beta 2 just got released.

Patrick

Changes from 2.0 beta 1 to 2.0 beta 2

Changes that could break older environments:
- Empty form do not display any more by default.
The previous behaviour can be obtained by setting the
new antform/antmenu attribute showwhenempty.

Fixed bugs:
- Documentation fixed for attribute loopexit.

Changes from 1.4.6 to 2.0 beta 1

Changes that could break older environments:
- Deprecate   "data" attribute. This attribute was not
coherent with other components which use the property
value as default value.
The build won't fail if the data attribute is set, but a
Warning will be printed out and the table may not be
initialized.

Fixed bugs:
- Fixed focus management. The antform "focus" attribute is
deprecated and replaced by a "focus" attribute on
individual widgets.
- All requirable widgets had their labels prefixed with '*',
not only required ones.
- Validate all antmenuitems configuration, not only the
first one.
- NPE when specifying selector before values in all
selectionproperty type of widgets.
- NPE when user closes the form using the window decorators
(top-right cross on Windows)

Other changes:
- Streamlined user action management
- Replaced
byand
by .

and
will still work but they are
deprecated.
A Warning message will be printed if you continue using
them.
- Created for the antform bottom buttons.
This new element deprecates the following antform
attributes:
. okmessage
. resetmessage
. nexttarget
. previoustarget
It also deprecates the widget.
- Added possibility to loop on antform/antmenu after having
called a target.
This allows for example to have a main menu on which we
keep on getting back after each action. The loop exits
when the user click on a button which exitloop attribute
is set to true.
- Add attribute newproject to action components (buttons,
menus, ...). Value of this attribute should be true by
default (similar to antcall). When set to false, the
target will be invoked without creating a new project.
This allows to set property in the called target that will
be reusable in the calling one.
- reset will now check current property value in the ant
project. This is useful when using loop="true" in
antform/antmenu and calling targets with
newproject="false".
- Made antform compatible with Java 1.3. The following
components cannot work with Java 1.3 because they use
JSpinner or JFormattedTextField:
. NumberProperty
. ListProperty
. DateProperty
- Add attributes "fontname", "fontstyle" and "fontsize" to
widgets textproperty, multilinetextproperty and
dateproperty

On 11/29/06, Hans Schwaebli wrote:
> Yes, would be good.
>
> Ant scripts must run without interruption if called programmatically, for example from
a nightly build with Cruise Control. Then there is noone there to push the ok button.

> Patrick Martin
wrote: Hello,