ant-user mailing list archives

From Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: How to silence javac task?
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 10:01:45 GMT
The best thing would be if it is build into Ant. Whenever a error occurs and the script stops,
it should print the call stack with Ant file names and target names, not only the line numbers
and file names.

  It could really be helpful in some cases for solving what went wrong in a script.

Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
  mmm ... I had tested that in the past ...
I did a retest on Ant 1.5 (failed, ok - no scriptdef ;) 1.6.0+1.6.5 (no "self").
But works on 1.7.0RC1 ... (mmm ... I had posted that in 2004 ... I should play in a lottery
;)

I have found the snippet in my local library. With a note
Benoetigt Ant >1.6.3 (unbekannt ob 1.6.4 oder 1.6.5 funktionieren)
(translation)
needs Ant >1.6.3 (unknown if 1.6.4 or 1.6.5 would work)

2004-07-16 Ant 1.6.2
2004-11-18 the script
2005-04-28 Ant 1.6.4
2005-06-02 Ant 1.6.5
2006-11-05 Ant 1.7.0RC1

I'll have a look into the svn-history about "self" ...

Jan