ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject return early from a macrodef?
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 21:44:05 GMT

In a macrodef, if I check a condition and that condition is true, I'd like to
return early from the macrodef and not run any of the rest of its contents.  Is
it possible using a <scriptdef> to write a script that can force an early return
from the <sequential> part of the macrodef if the condition is met?  This is
kind of akin to an if/unless on a target.  I'm not quite seeing where I would
be able to hook into Ant to do such a thing.  Is it impossible?  I hope not.

BTW, I'm not talking about <fail/>.  I don't want the build to end when the
condition is met.  I just want to skip the rest of the <macrodef> contents and
continue processing.

Jake