ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Pepersack" <RPepers...@mdinsurance.state.md.us>
Subject Ant and the Windows Registry
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:51:16 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to read and alter a Windows registry key with Ant.  You
may ask why would I want to change the Windows registry??!!  I want to
change the registry because I want to change my J2EE server's (Sybase
EAServer) classpath from Ant.  My fellow developers and I could change
our servers' classpathes manually by opening regedit, but this would be
prone to point-and-click screw-ups.  I think that changing the registry
from Java would be more reliable and less error-prone.

I Googled on the subject and found that there is a Java Preferences API
and Orangevolt Ant Tasks.  Has anyone used these, or know of something
better?

Thanks,

Bob

Robert Pepersack