ant-user mailing list archives

From "Petar Tahchiev" <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a problem compiling a Java 5 project with generics
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 06:49:30 GMT
On 17/10/06, Chavdar Botev <cbotev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've come accross the following problem trying to compile Java 5
> classes with generics using Ant 1.6.5. I've attached project
> with sample Java classes and a build.xml file.
>
> NOTE: Please create a src/test subdirectory and save the attached
> .java files into it. The mailing list server gave me a hard time
> acepting an email with the archived project files. :(
>
> A clean build of the above project works just fine and compiles
> without a problem. If after that, I touch the Test3.java file the
> build fails with the following error:

[javac] C:\src\appforge\test\src\test\Test3.java:5: incompatible types
> [javac] found   : test.Base
> [javac] required: test.Sub
> [javac] public Sub p() {return this.getV();}
> [javac] ^
> [javac] 1 error

I must admit that this behaviour is really strange. I am interested in
helping you but the problem is that I didn't receive any .java files. Please
try to prvide them again.

Initially, I thought that this was a problem with the Java compiler.