ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Holt" <jeff.h...@hotsos.com>
Subject RE: java task question for ant 1.6.5
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:25:38 GMT
Yes, java.home works. I see that I am definitely not the first person to
experience it.

Thanks, Dom.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:ddevienne@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 4:15 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: java task question for ant 1.6.5

On 10/27/06, Jeff Holt <jeff.holt@hotsos.com> wrote:
> The reason I don't want to use <apply> is that I have to qualify the
> executable path. Otherwise, for some yet unknown reason, ant executes
> /usr/bin/java rather than the one in the PATH. And, of course,
> /usr/bin/java, is not appropriate.

seems to have a 'searchpath' attribute. But if ${java.home}/bin/java
below works, it's absolute so this problem becomes moot.

> I gave ${jre.home} a try and it didn't get resolved. I looked but
didn't
> see where I had to change anything else. I just assumed jre is a built
> in property namespace. Bad assumption?

Ah, it may be ${java.home} you need to use. I might (again) to wrong,
but I vaguely recollect using ${java.home}/bin/java. --DD

See also http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4200300