ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Corcoran" <Tom.Corco...@trilogycomms.com>
Subject RE: Build successful but nothing produced
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:56:32 GMT
-----Original Message-----

From: EJ Ciramella [mailto:ejciramella@upromise.com]

Sent: 20 October 2006 18:28

To: Ant Users List

Subject: RE: Build successful but nothing produced

>Most builds have a build directory associated with them.  So src would

>get compiled into classes (so src/com/package/foo.java would wind up in

>classes/com/package/foo.class).  Similarly, the "build" directory would

>contain the results of the artifact build up (your jar and maybe a tar

>containing scripts needed to run your classes in their jarred format).

Changing the dist directory was all it needed, like you say the can't be
the same. The project I have inherited has them the same and does not
use a package name either, I'll have to refactor things.

Got the file written out nicely with

<propertyfile

    file="datetime.inc">

    <entry  key="CompileDateTimeStr" type="date" value="now" pattern="d
MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss"/>

  </propertyfile>

Pity about the slashes appearing before the colon's in the output. I'll
have to parse them out before displaying the date.