ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Corcoran" <>
Subject Build successful but nothing produced
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:03:35 GMT
I've just started with Ant this afternoon and found the documentation
very food.

I've been trying to do a simple build with my goal to generate a file
including the time stamp which I can read in my applet to display on an
about screen. Here's my build.xml :

<project name="MyProject">

        MyProject build file

  <property name="src" location="src"/>

  <property name="build" location="classes"/>

  <property name="dist"  location="classes"/>

  <target name="init">

    <!-- Create the time stamp; figure out how to write this to a file

    <format property="Now" pattern="d MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss"/>

  <target name="compile" depends="init"

        description="compile the source " >

    <javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build}"/>

  <target name="dist" depends="compile"

        description="generate the distribution" >

    <jar jarfile="${dist}/MyProject.jar" basedir="${build}"/>

Doing an "ant" sats build successful but nothing appears to have been
done. There are no .java or a .jar built. Here's the output from an "ant
- debug" :

Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005

Buildfile: build.xml

Adding reference: ant.PropertyHelper

Detected Java version: 1.5 in: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_05\jre

Detected OS: Windows XP

Adding reference: ant.ComponentHelper

Setting ro project property: ant.version -> Apache Ant version 1.6.5
compiled on June 2 2005

Setting ro project property: ant.file ->

Adding reference: ant.projectHelper

Adding reference: ant.parsing.context

Adding reference: ant.targets

parsing buildfile C:\MyCompany\MyVersion\MyProduct\JavaApplet\build.xml
with URI = file:///C:/MyCompany/MyVersion/MyProduct/JavaApplet/build.xml

Setting ro project property: -> MyProject

Adding reference: MyProject

Setting ro project property: ant.file.MyProject ->

Project base dir set to: C:\MyCompany\MyVersion\MyProduct\JavaApplet

 +Target: init

 +Target: compile

 +Target: dist

Setting project property: src ->

Setting project property: build ->

Setting project property: dist ->

Attempting to create object of type

Adding reference: ant.executor

Total time: 0 seconds

Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Ps. I tried to join with my gmail account but the spam filters on the
bot stopped it. Anyway to get around this?