ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Modrall" <MModr...@glgroup.com>
Subject using <fileset> and <gunzip>
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:46:32 GMT
Hi...

            We've got some CruiseControl projects using Ant that are
chained together.  One task is the build task which compiles everything
and packages up a zip of the product.  It that works, there's a
dependent CC project that then calls ant to install that software on a
staging server.  CC is passing in some properties that will help me tell
which was the last build, but from the manual, I'm not sure quite how to
get from here to there.

            If someone is going to use Ant directly, the build step
would produce a zip named something like OurSoftware_<datestamp>_<svn
rev>.zip.  If it's invoked by the CruiseControl continuous build, it
could be named build.142OurSoftware_<datestamp>_<svn rev>.zip.  The
dependent project to stage the software will get ${most.recentloglabel}
= "build.142" and I can create a <fileset> to find build.142*.zip, but
it doesn't look like <Gunzip> will accept a fileset for src (at least
it's not documented anyway).

            I haven't found anything that would let me see what's in the
fileset (which would presumably be one file) to pass it to <gunzip>.

            Any suggestions?

Thanks

_mark

This e-mail message, and any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity identified in the alias address of this message and may contain information that is
confidential, privileged and subject to legal restrictions and penalties regarding its unauthorized
disclosure and use. Any unauthorized review, copying, disclosure, use or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this message, and any attachments, from your system. Thank you.