ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Jones" <jone...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Ant with older Java versions
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:06:02 GMT
Hi,

Source and target define what compatibility to use, not which JDK is being
used. So 1.5 probably just will not allow that to compile. However, you
could tell it to use a different JDK (1.3), using the executable option, and
then it would actually be compiling with that version of java.

That would be my suggestion, rather than trying to for 1.5 to work with your
1.3 code.

__David

  -source <release>          Provide source compatibility with specified
release
  -target <release>          Generate class files for specific VM version

         executable="/opt/java/jdk1.1/bin/javac"