ant-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: how do i group files in different directories?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 03:05:03 GMT
At 06:31 AM 10/24/2006, you wrote:
 >Scot P. Floess wrote:
 >> You can define a
 >> <path id = "  ">
 >> </path>
 >>
 >> Your path can contain file sets, etc...
 >>
 >> Then you can simply refer to id...
 >>

 >> teknokrat wrote:
 >>> I would like to define a group of jar files and then reference this
 >>> group in the lib task. However, these jars are all in different
 >>> directories and neither a filelist or fileset allow me to do this.
 >>> Is there some way I can achieve this with ant?
 >>>
 >>> thanks
 >
 >  Currently I have several <lib file="..."> tasks in my war target. I'd
 >like to tidy this up using some kind of reference to my
 >war.dependencies. However, nothing I try works. has anyone managed to do
 >this. How do people add their libraries to WEB-INF/lib?

I avoid the <war> task, copy all files to a directory that looks like
a WAR structure and <jar> it up.  I find this useful since, for local
testing, I need an exploded WAR structure anyway.  I only create the
.war file when I'm ready to deploy to an app server instead of just
run from my exploded WAR directory.

Jake