ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vladimir Egorov" <vego...@bea.com>
Subject a construct to ensure existence of files in collection?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:29:15 GMT
Hi Ant Users,

I am using FileList to specify collection of files one by one. I need to
ensure that the specified files exist.

According to FileList doc, "FileLists are useful for specifying files
that may or may not exist". I checked some other path-like structures,
but did not find a straight-forward way to do this.

Is there something obvious I am missing? Any recommendations besides two
approaches listed below?

One approach is to enhance FileList with a 'failonerror' attribute, e.g.

<filelist dir='some/dir' failonerror='true'>
  <file name='some.file'/>
</filelist>

(also for individual <file name='some.file' failonerror='true'/>).

Another approach is to provide an assert task for the same, e.g.

<assertFilesExist>
  <filelist dir='some/dir'>
    <file name='some.file'/>
  </filelist>
</assertFileExist>

(also for reference <assertFilesExist refid='someref'/>).

Thank you,

--Vladimir
by email and then delete it.