ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Ji" <...@pro-unlimited.com>
Subject RE: Build jar files that contain other jar files
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 01:47:57 GMT

If you do so, you may violate the write-copy rule.

How about create an "ear" or "war" file, depends on your application. Here is the structure
of a war file looks like
"
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/lib/
WEB-INF/lib/antlr-2.7.5.jar
WEB-INF/lib/...
WEB-INF/classes/
WEB-INF/classes/events/Event.class
WEB-INF/classes/events/...
WEB-INF/web.xml
".

And you can find the way to create war or ear file in the ANT menu.

-cji

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter DePasquale [mailto:peter.depasquale@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:26 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Build jar files that contain other jar files

Since I can't find this on my own, I thought I'd ask.  I need to include two
3rd part jar files in my app's jar file.  I am 99% sure I can't just add the
required supporting jars to my release jar (correct?).  Thus, I need to
unjar my 3rd party jars, and fold their contents into my release jar.  Is
there an ant task for something like this?  Surely this is a common type of
operation....  Thanks.