ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chun Ji" <>
Subject RE: path performance
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:28:25 GMT

Have you tried "testNG", it may load all these jar files once, for all the test cases. and
it can be executed through ant and lots of other features.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Cline []
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:16 PM
Subject: path performance

I am working on a complex project with a LOT of JARs on the classpath.
Currently we are using this path element:

     <path id ="classpath.unit_test">
        <pathelement path="${test.config.dir}"/>
        <pathelement path="${config.dir}"/>
        <pathelement path="${config.xml.dir}"/>
        <pathelement path="${classes.dir}"/>
        <!-- add all files in lib.dir to path -->
        <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
                <include name="**/*.jar"/>
                <include name="**/*.zip"/>

This path is used in this junit element:
   <target name="test" >
                <junit >
                        <classpath refid="classpath.unit_test"/>
                        <test name="test1"/>
                        <test name="test2"/>

Timing indicates that ant is spending 30 seconds per test to walk the lib
tree building the classpath.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message