ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Example: error loading a mysqldump file
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:19:03 GMT
Steve:

Now that I give this some deeper thought...I see now what the intent
is...  I got hung up on dual parsing...one by <sql> task and one the the
JDBC layer:  clearly one has to be able to issue a sql statement - thus
the delimiter attribute - duh on my part :(

I do see your point...and well taken ;)

Although, it still "feels" like there ought to be a way to hand off the
whole file's contents to the JDBC layer and do no parsing in the <sql> task.

Scot

Steve Loughran wrote:
> Scot P. Floess wrote:
>> Honestly, this is an implementation issue IMHO with regards to Ant.
>> It is treating each line as ONE sql statement.  By using the -line
>> continuation- character, it should fix the problem - namely the \
>> character.
>>
>> Placing SQL statements in a file makes perfect sense...perhaps he is
>> trying to put database creation, or population information there?
>> I've done it before and I saw no reason why one wouldn't want to do
>> that...
>>
>> And, this isn't an issue of ctrl-M characters...  I had this problem
>> on a Linux system using a ViM created file under Linux...  Ant is
>> treating the newline as a delimiter for the SQL statement.
>>

> yes, how <sql> breaks tasks up is pretty messy. I think there are some
> bugs there with anything like a ; followed by whitespace not being
> picked up as a delimiter either.
>
> But I think part of the problem is that sql files found in the field
> are pretty messy too, because different databases handle different
> variations.
>
> -steve

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale