ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Example: error loading a mysqldump file
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 01:22:12 GMT
Honestly, this is an implementation issue IMHO with regards to Ant.  It
is treating each line as ONE sql statement.  By using the -line
continuation- character, it should fix the problem - namely the \ character.

Placing SQL statements in a file makes perfect sense...perhaps he is
trying to put database creation, or population information there?  I've
done it before and I saw no reason why one wouldn't want to do that...

And, this isn't an issue of ctrl-M characters...  I had this problem on
a Linux system using a ViM created file under Linux...  Ant is treating
the newline as a delimiter for the SQL statement.

Martin Gainty wrote:
> Hunter
>
> If Im not mistaken I think you just answered your own question
> so when you put all the SQL statements together on one line then ant can parse the SQL
> if you break the SQL apart with some varying number of unknown delimiters ant cannot
understand your file contents
> if you absolutely must use a file(I dont know why you would)
> then tell ant what the the SQL statement delimiters are by specifying your own delimiter
within the sql task

> Also be wary that Unix does not like nasty ctl-m ^M characters that dos editors toss
in as newline endings
> vi -b on the sql file will at least show you the whitespace characters so you can delete
them

> Martin-
> This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information for the use of the
> designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received
> this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution
or copying of it or its
> contents

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale