ant-user mailing list archives

From Milan Kubec <Milan.Ku...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to dump heap on OutOfMemoryError from ant
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:09:18 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> On 10/18/06, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
>> Milan Kubec wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > I want ant to generate heap dump when OutOfMemoryError happens during
>> > the build to find the problem in the task. I tried adding following
>> > switches to .antrc file: -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
>> > -XX:HeapDumpPath=e:\ant.hprof
>> > But it doesn't seem to get to the correct process, in other words -
>> > nothing happens. Is there some other way to generate heap dump from
>> ant.
>> > I'm using Ant 1.6.5 on JDK 1.5.0_09.
>> >
>> If the problem is in Ant's own process, set the ANT_OPTS env variable to
>> the options.
> export ANT_OPTS="-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError"
> on unix or cygwin
> set ANT_OPTS="-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError"
> on windows.

That's exactly what I did, but from whatever reason I thought that putting it to
.antrc file in my windows home dir (C:\Documents and Settings\...) would work,
but for windows the file is called antrc_pre.bat. But still seem to have some
problem with it, ant.bat refers to the file as %HOME%\antrc_pre.bat, but in fact
it doesn't work on my WinXP box, it needs to be changed to
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH%\antrc_pre.bat and it works OK.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message