ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: AW: a problem compiling a Java 5 project with generics
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:55:22 GMT
Sorry let me clarify...  The comment was "The original code may be
slightly incorrect (my understanding
of java generics is not high)."  And the response was "Me too. I don't
like STL!"  I do realize STL is built using generics.    The Standard
Template Library defines templates...but STL in and of itself isn't
generics (meaning without STL there is still the notion of generics).

James Abley wrote:
> Scot P. Floess wrote:
>> What do generics have to do with STL?
>
> You're joking, right? Have you used the STL much?
>
> Generics are very very handy :)
>
> Maybe. I live in a world where the majority of my code has to work on
> pre-Java 5, and for code where I can use Java 5 features, generics
> don't seem to add a great deal. Maybe a bit less busywork in my code;
> ditto unboxing.
>

>> James Abley wrote:
>>>
>>> Me too. I don't like STL!
>>>
>>> James