ant-user mailing list archives

From Prashant <prash...@pramati.com>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7.0Beta3 released
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 05:23:39 GMT
Is there any reason why ANT 1.7 still distributes Xerces 2.6.2 in its
lib [1] ? While the current release version of Xerces is 2.8 with
support for DOM Level 3, Schema Validation, Not to mention the bug fixes.

Last time i tried to compile code that uses the DOM Level 3 API, the
xml-apis.jar in ant/lib got in the way and i had to use
java.endorsed.dirs mechanism in ANT_OPTS.

-Prashant
[1]:http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/core/trunk/lib/
PS: I have not downloaded the 1.7, i am not sure if the ANT downloads
later versions of Xerces from repositories at build time.